- Program Committees
- Previous Employment
- A Brief Note on my Name
Hey there, thanks for checking out my website. My name is Paulo Matos, and I am a freelance development tools consultant specializing in development, testing and verification of compilers and toolchains.
Currently, trading under the name /Paulo Matos — Linki Tools/ in Germany, I am available to work with you. Feel free to reach out to me to discuss your needs through email.
Racket News is a newsletter for and about the Racket community published bi-monthly since February, 2019.
I am a Racket contributor helping develop the initial GitLab pipelines for Racket and later the GitHub Actions workflows. However, I am interested in any Racket issue, mainly if it is related to the C subsystem and/or non-intel architectural support.
Before my move to industry, I spent some time in academia working with Joao Marques-Silva and Bernd Fischer on Constraint Solving. My dblp page seems to be complete, but here is the listing for my papers in any case.
- A Lazy Unbounded Model Checker for Event-B in ICFEM 2009 with Bernd Fischer, and Joao Marques-Silva.
- A MAX-SAT Algorithm Portfolio in ECAI 2008, with Jordi Planes, Florian Letombe, and Joao Marques-Silva
- Model Checking Event-B by Encoding into Alloy (TechReport) with Joao Marques-Silva.
- Counting Models in Integer Domains in SAT 2006 with Antonio Morgado, Vasco Manquinho and Joao Marques-Silva.
- Intelligent Theorem Proving for Specific Domains in IJCAR Doctoral Programme 2004.
Before starting to work as a freelancer in 2019, I worked in compilers at:
- (2015–2019) Linki Tools UG, Germany with a variety of clients with GCC and LLVM based toolchains for embedded systems.
- (2012–2015) Broadcom plc, UK (later acquired by Avago) on the Compilers Team, working on an internal port of GCC for a VLIW SuperScalar chip.
- (2009–2012) CSR plc, UK (later acquired by Qualcomm) on the Compilers Team, working on an internal port of GCC for a bluetooth chip.
From 2015 to 2019 I worked for my own company, so for all purposes I was a freelancer but working instead under a formal entity, then known as Linki Tools UG. In all of these positions I worked on development, testing, and verification of compilers and toolchains.
A Brief Note on my Name
If you know me from long ago, you will know my name is not just Paulo Matos. I was born in Portugal and therefore inherited a good old-fashioned and long Portuguese name: Paulo Jorge de Oliveira Cantante de Matos. However, after moving away from Portugal I noticed how annoyingly long it was and except on legal forms, I have since been shortening it to Paulo Matos. On old commits, messages, etc. you might still find me under any combination of the words in my full name.